Thursday, September 08, 2011
Tuesday, September 06, 2011
[ ] Disney Look Clothing (will have pictures later)
[ ] Tennis Shoes
[ ] Sandals
[ ] Heels
[ ] Dress ( 3 Dresses)
[ ] Sleepwear (shorts and t-shirts)
[ ] Pittsburgh Clothes
[ ] Running shorts (10 Pairs)
[ ] 4 Swim Suit
I probably missed a lot but these are the basics
[ ] Bedside Lamp (Reading Lamp)
[ ] Alarm Clock/ Ihome dock/ Ipod Touch
[ ] Bed Risers
[ ] Under bed storage
Buying when I get their
[ ] Drying Rack (easier on Towels, I'm a swimmer)
[ ] Dry Erase Calendar/ Note Calendar (I have one already at my house a long with a chore calender yay)
[ ] Post Its in Different colors and shapes (I love post-it notes)
[ ] Permanent marker
[ ] Pens/ pencils/ colored pencils
[ ] Laptop/ Printer/ Laptop Accessories
[ ] Ethernet Cable I'm getting a long one
[ ] Wireless Router Looking for one
[ ] Cell phone/ Accessories
[ ] Surge Protector
[ ] Flip Camera and accessories (still have to buy)
[ ] Digital Camera and Accessories
[ ] Mini Safe
[ ] Sheets and Pillow Cases
[ ] Towels (4 of each Bath, hand, and Face)
[ ] 2 pool Towels
[ ] Drying Rack
[ ] Pillows (2)
[ ] Pillow Chair
[ ] Mattress Pad
[ ] Blanket
[ ] Comforter
[ ] Plastic Drawers
Buying When I Get Their
[ ] Clothes Hangers
[ ] Laundry Bag and Basket
[ ] Stain Remover/ Laundry Soap
[ ] Lint Brush
[ ] Tide Pens for everything
Toiletries/Misc for the Bath room
[ ] Imodium (sometimes you need this)
[ ] Ibuprofen
[ ] Allergy Medicine
[ ] Acne Medicine
[ ] Neosporin/ Band- Aids (I always find a way to get injured.
[ ] Cough Drops
[ ] Shower Caddy
[ ] Shower Curtain (Kristin do we have them?)
[ ] Shampoo/ Conditioner/ Soap/ Loofah
[ ] Blow Dryer
[ ] Chi Straighter
[ ] Hair Styling products
[ ] Dental Stuff
[ ] Q-Tips and stuff for make up
[ ] Make up with SPF
[ ] Razor and Shaving Cream
[ ] tooth paste and toothbrush and mouth wash
[ ] comb and brush
[ ] Tweezers
[ ] Sewing set
[ ] Lotions/ Body Spray/ Deodorant
[ ] nail polish and remover
[ ] hair accessories
[ ] Sunscreen (face and body)
Office and Desk Supplies
[ ] Flash Drive
[ ] Phone/ Address Book
[ ] Stamps
[ ] Envelopes
[ ] Calendar/ Daily Planner
[ ] Printer Paper
[ ] Pen and Pencils
[ ] Pencil Sharpener
[ ] Post it notes
Other Stuff I need
[ ] Luggage Set
[ ] hanging shoe organizer
[ ] Mini Safe
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Sunday, August 07, 2011
Thursday, August 04, 2011
Tuesday, August 02, 2011
Sunday, July 24, 2011
So right now I’m trying to decide what roles I want to apply for. I am applying for the Disney World and Disneyland College Program.
I have decided on the Disney World Roles but not the Disneyland roles yet.
Disney World Roles that I am choosing when I apply:
- Attractions- I applied for this role last two times and didn’t get it. If I would get this role here are some places where I would love to work. Haunted Mansion, Rock N Coaster, Tower of Terror, Finding Nemo, Any where in Animal Kingdoom, Big thunder Mountian.
- Character Attendant- This is a really cool role. You get to direct guests with questions. Help Characters get ready. Talk to guest. Take pictures.
- Lifeguard- Hopefully either working at a Resort or a Water Park.
- Main Entrance Operations- Did this before wouldn’t mind doing it again
- Merchandise- I got this role last time I applied but didn’t go down because of school reasons
- Photopass- My number two role that I want. I love taking pictures of everyone, including animals.
- Recreation- The only thing I really would like to be in that role is the slide operator.
- Transportation- I like the monorail and I heard it takes you a long time to be a monorail driver (I don’t know what disney calls them sorry) I also know you can drive the Friendship boats in the position. I know a lot of the friendship boat captain. I wouldn’t mind that. They share the same break room as Main Entrance at International Gateway.
Parks That I could see myself working in.
- My home is Epcot and I would love to go back. The hours are not usually as long as the others. Most of the time we closed the park at 930. First person has to be their around 7. Most of the older cast members take that shift. I only had to do that shift for training opening. Earliest I ever got their was 730 or 745. Last person stays till 11. Then free to leave. France, UK, and Japan; take the longest to close to guests because most of them let them people go in till Illuminations start.
- MK the only thing I’m not thrilled about is working the long hours.
- Hollywood Studios- wouldn’t mind working here at all. As long as I don’t have to stare at Mr. Potatoe Head in Toy Story Mania Que I’m good.
- Animal Kingdoom- My friends that worked at this park sometimes picked up shifts at the other parks so they could get more hours.
- If I get lifeguarding I hope I get Typhoon Lagoon or any of the hotel pools.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
60 Day Photo Disney Challenge!
~Are you up to the Challenge! Put your pictures on facebook or on your blogger. I decided to add more than the 30 day challenge this should keep us occupied until applications are out and some of us are getting in. At the end of this challenge I thought you could use this as a vlog and put your pictures on it.
Day #1: Your favorite character:
Day #2: Your favorite princess:
Day #3: Your favorite heroine:
Day #4: Your favorite prince:
Day #5: Your favorite Who has Best Hair:
Day #6: Your favorite hero:
Day #7: Your favorite animal:
Day #8: Your favorite non- animal sidekick:
Day #9: Your Favorite animal sidekick:
Day #10: Your favorite villain:
Day #11: Your favorite original character (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, etc.):
Day #12: Your favorite song:
Day #13: Your favorite love song:
Day #14: Your favorite villain song:
Day #15: Your least favorite song:
Day #16: Your Favorite Disney Singing Voice:
Day #17: Your favorite kiss:
Day #18: The first movie you saw:
Day #19: Your favorite classic:
Day #20: Your least favorite classic:
Day #21: Your favorite Pixar film:
Day #22: Your least favorite Pixar film:
Day #23: Favorite sequel:
Day #24: An overrated movie:
Day #25: An underrated movie:
Day #26: A movie that makes you laugh:
Day #27: A movie that makes you cry:
Day #28: Your favorite scene from your favorite movie:
Day #29: Saddest death:
Day #30: Your favorite quote:
Day #31: Favorite Disney Video Game:
Day #32: Your favorite theme park:
Day #33: Your favorite theme park attraction:
Day #34: Your favorite theme park show:
Day #35: Your favorite theme park firework show:
Day #36: Favorite Disney Castle all the Parks:
Day #37: Favorite Mountain (Splash, Space, Thunder, Mount Gushmore):
A) Magic Kingdoom:
B) Animal Kingdoom:
C) Holllywood Studios:
Day #39: Favorite Meal at Sit Down Restaurant in a Park:
B) Animal Kingdoom
C) Holllywood Studios
A) Magic Kingdoom:
B) Animal Kingdoom:
C) Holllywood Studio
Day #41: Favorite Dessert:
Day #42: Favorite Soda from the Countries at Club Cool:
Day #43: Favorite Princess Meet and Greet:
Day #44: Favorite Character Meet and Greet:
Day #45: Disney Animation Favorite Character to Learn how to Draw:
Day #46: Favorite Character Autograph:
Day# 47: Favorite Disney Pin (official) Trading Pin:
Day #48: Favorite Disney Vinlymantion:
Day #49: Favorite Park Memory:
Day #50: Favorite Disney Monorail:Day #51: Favorite Disney Hotel to stay at:
Day #52: Favorite Disney Hotel to watch Fireworks at:
Day #53: Favorite Disney Water Park:
Day #54: Favorite Disney Water Park Slide:
Day #55: Favorite Vanished World of Disney: (ex: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, River Country, Horizons, Body Wars, Discovery Island):
Day #56: Favorite Way to get to Any of the Parks: (bus, monorail, boat, ferry boat):
Day #57: Epcot Food and Wine Festival or Epcot Flower and Garden Show:
Day #58: Favorite Downtown Disney Restaurant:
Day #59: Picture of You and your Last time at Disney Parks. (please include date in picture and hold old you were)
Day #60: If you have received your purple folder by now post the picture:
Monday, July 11, 2011
Stole this off of the facebook group Thanks Trevor.
So I know its a bit early.. But Lots of people are already looking for roommates and making plans. I know there is a chance that not all of us will make it in. But plans can always be changed.. So If its alright with the admins! Lets begin!
NAME: // Dana
GENDER: // Female (but I'm a bit of a Tomboy
BIRTHDATE/AGE: // November 11th 1989 /21
HOMETOWN: // Pittsburgh PA
MAJOR/MINOR: // Business Management and hotel Mangament
♥ CP VITALS (This area is going to mostly remain empty, we can update them as we go?)
ROLE AT DISNEY: //
ARRIVAL DATE: //
DEPARTURE DATE: //
FLYING IN OR DRIVING: // Driving
♥ HOUSING PREFERENCES
BUILDING: // Chatham or Patterson Either is cool with me
NUMBER OF ROOMMATES: // 3-7 Roomies, 2-4 Bedroom
I COULD NOT LIVE WITH A ROOMMATE THAT... // likes to have friends over all hours of the night
♥ LIFESTYLE STUFF
DO YOU DRINK? // Sometimes but not a lot
DO YOU SMOKE? //Nope
DO YOU LIKE TO PARTY? Their is way to many ways to define party. I like to have apples to apples party
MEDICAL CONDITIONS? // Nerve damage in my shoulder but I can live with that
MESSY OR TIDY? // I'm in between. My desk is usually the measiest and I like to do laundry a lot.
DO YOU LIKE TO COOK? // yep, but I'm fine with frozen meals
NIGHT PERSON OR MORNING PERSON? // I run on 6 hours of sleep
DO YOU HAVE A CURRENT JOB? WHERE? // Yes, Shop n save local grocery store
♥ ROOMMATE STUFF
FAVORITE CHORE? // Vacuuming? Organzing
LEAST FAVORITE CHORE? // cleaning the bathroom
HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT SHARING? // Sharing is fun just don't eat all my food
DO YOU SNORE? // Nope.
WHAT TIME DO YOU USUALLY GO TO BED? // around 2 and I get up around 8 usually unless work makes it change
WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP ON FREE DAYS? // 9-10 ish
I PREFER TO SLEEP IN A ROOM THAT... // has a closed door..
♥ PERSONALITY STUFF
THREE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU: // fun, loyal, caring
ONE GOOD QUALITY: // I talk a lot
ONE BAD QUALITY: // I talk a lot :/ rofl
5 FAVORITE ARTISTS: // look at my facebook easier that way
5 FAVORITE TV SHOWS: // Glee, NCIS, NCIS LA, Big Bang Theory, Wipeout! Rescue Rangers Chip n Dale
5 FAVORITE MOVIES: // Harry Potter Series. Pirates Series. Star Wars. Disney Movies
5 FAVORITE BOOKS: // Harry Potter Series. Kingdom Keepers Series. Goose Girl, Princess Diaries
INTERESTS: // Music, Reading, hanging with Friends, Roller Coasters, Vinylmations. Pin Trading. Watching Movies. (took a lot from someone else's list) (dont tell anyone.. haha)
♥ DISNEY STUFF
FAVORITE MOVIE: // Pirates of the Carribean
FAVORITE ANIMATED MOVIE: // Um . . . way to many
FAVORITE CHARACTER: // Chip N Dale
FAVORITE PRINCESS: // Belle
FAVORITE MALE VILLAIN: // James Norrington
FAVORITE FEMALE VILLAIN: // Queen Narissa
FAVORITE PARK: // Epcot
FAVORITE RIDE: // Epcot [Test Track] MK [Haunted Mansion, and the Mountain] AK [Expedition Everest and Safari's] DHS [Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror]
FAVORITE SHOW: // Beauty and the Beast
FAVORITE RESORT: // Polynesian
FAVORITE RESTAURANT: // Anything in Epcot
NUMBER OF TIMES AT DISNEY? Disneyland 1 Disneyworld I lost count with family I have done about 20 trip. I also have done the cp program last Fall.
WHAT ARE YOU MOST EXCITED ABOUT AT DISNEY? I will get to see some of my friends and coworkers from the last program. I will also get to meet all of you amazing new people I have met.
Friday, July 01, 2011
- I am applying for the Disney College Program Spring 2012.
- I also am 1 year away from Graduating From College
- I will be going to Disneyland in a couple of weeks to visit my friend Whitney from my first program.
I'm going to start a bucketlist on what I want to do on the next program.
Saturday, January 29, 2011
IN OTHER NEWS:
As we are waiting for are purple folders. Everyday I am running to the mailbox to look in the mail. So one of my friend Crista got an email saying that she got in. I hope I get mine soon. I can't wait any longer I hate waiting.
So here is some music that I love to listen to. My favorite artists are Lady Antebellum, Billy Joel, Beach Boys, Hanson, and many others.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Friday, January 21, 2011
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Recruiter’s Name : _______________________________
TIPS FOR THE INTERVIEW :
• TALK SLOWLY AND CLEARLY
• BE ENTHUSIASTIC
MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND A MAGICAL DAY!!!
NOTES : _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
QUESTIONS FOR THE RECRUITER :
• Why do you want to do the Walt Disney World College Program?
I loved it the first and want to do it again. I loved to network with different people and I liked meeting friends from around the globe.
• What are you most looking forward to?
Seeing my friends that I met down their last program and being able to network with the people I met before I left.
• Are you familiar with the parks, resorts, and Orlando area?
Yes definatley I worked their already.
• What does Disney mean to you?
Fresh, clean entertainment, fun for the whole family.
• How will the college program help you professionally?
• What makes you a good candidate for the College Program?
• What does Disney mean to you?
Disney means wholesome family entertainment. Walt created Disney to bring family's together and he wanted everyone to do their part even the lowest role to the highest role. Everyone uses first names. We all do are part to keep the park looking clean and tidy and we leave all of the personal stuff backstage.
• How will the college program help you professionally?
It looks great on a resume. You get to experience something from every culture and it's amazing.
• Do you have any tattoos or piercings that are allowed in the Disney look?
Just make sure your tattoos are covered either by make up or a shirt. I know one of the guys I knew from my last program had a couple on his legs he wasn't allowed to wear shorts only pants. My suggestion for that one is Start to practice covering up the tattoos before you go down so you get used to doing it. Also get used to taking out your piercings really fast I can take mine all out in a under a minute now.
• Roles that you chose:
• What are your top four roles?
• Why role #1?
• Why role #2
• Why role #3?
• Why role #4?
• What if a child does not meet the height requirement for an attraction?
• What if a guest is being violent with a character?
• What if someone asked why the fur characters don’t talk?
• Do you have cash handling experience?
• Are you open to QSFB or Custodial roles?
• Have you ever given a speech?
• Are you comfortable speaking to large groups of people?
• What would you do if you messed up the spiel?
• Explain how you would handle an emergency.
• Do you mind working outside, in the Florida heat?
• Would you rather work alone or in a group setting?
• How would you handle a guest who doesn’t speak English, but clearly needs help?
• Do you mind working morning, evenings, late nights, weekends, holidays?
• Would you rather work in a slow or a fast-paced environment?
• If you were bussing a table and someone spilled their drink, you went to clean it up but then another guest had a question about the menu, what would you do?
• What if a child wanted to get on an attraction but it was broken?
• Have you ever had to control large groups of people?
• How would you make a guest’s day?
Cast member guidelines: "The Disney Service Basics"
"I project a positive image and energy."
- Look approachable
- Look happy and interested
- Model the Disney Look
- Keep conversations positive
"I am courteous and respectful to all guests, including children."
- Make eye contact and smile
- Engage in guest interaction
- Treat guests as individuals
- Greet and welcome each guest
- Thank all guests and invite them back
"I stay in character and play the part."
- Preserve and protect the magic
- Provide excellent show quality and safety
- Perform role efficiently by reducing hassles and inconveniences
"I go above and beyond."
- Anticipate needs and offer assistance
- Create surprises and Magical Moments
- Provide immediate service recovery
• Tell me about your past jobs.
• Tell me about a time where you made a guest happy at a previous job.
• How would your bosses (past & present) describe you?
• Tell me about a time where you didn’t get along with your co-workers.
• Tell me about a time where a guest was difficult. What did you do?
• As a guest, what do you expect when you arrive to your WDW Resort?
• What are three positive qualities about yourself?
• What are three negative qualities about yourself?
• How do you feel about the apartment/dorm setting?
• How would you handle living away from home?
• How would you handle a roommate disagreement?
• What do you think the worst aspect of Disney Housing would be?
Done the program before and it was the buses last time. Sometimes the bus would never show up and you would be another 3 hours before it was their. The one night the one bus broke down and the sent a bus the was small and everyone ran on and their wasn't any room on the bus and the bus driver let the people on who worked and I payed a lot of money for all my chritmas presents for my family and had about 5 bags I was mad.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
The college program was very fun. I got to go to all the parks and ride all the rides and eat most of the food. The food is a little pricey hopefully next time I go down their I can have more money to work with and a car. I didn't like taking the bus everyday. They are late most of the time or they don't show up. Price Management should get a new bus company. It taught me a lot of things about myself and how to be around people more.